Check out this TERIYAKI MUSHROOM UDON NOODLE STIR-FRY BY run2food 😍 A delicious, flavour-packed noodle recipe right here! You’ll need to try this homemade teriyaki sauce too 👌🏼
Follow us vegans_power for daily delicious vegan recipe!🌱🌱
Here is the recipe ➡
TERIYAKI MUSHROOM UDON NOODLE STIR-FRY
✅1/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari)
✅2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
✅1/4 cup water
✅2 tablespoons maple syrup
✅1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
✅ 1 teaspoon minced garlic
✅ 1 teaspoon minced ginger
✅ Cornstarch slurry: 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoons water
✅100g udon noodles
✅ 1 onion, sliced
✅ 3 stalks spring onion, sliced
✅ 1 red capsicum, sliced
✅ 300g mushrooms, sliced (I used combo of white button & shiitake)
✅ 1 tablespoon oil
1. Make the TERIYAKI SAUCE: In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine the water, soy sauces, maple syrup, garlic & ginger. Bring to a boil, then add the cornstarch slurry & reduce heat down to a simmer. Cook, whisking as needed, until the teriyaki sauce is glossy & slightly thickened. Adjust seasoning to taste with soy sauce/water. Set aside
1. Cook the udon according to packet instructions. Drain & set aside.
2. Heat up the oil in a wok on high heat, stirfry the onions & capsicum for 3 mins until slightly tender. Add in the mushrooms + half the Teriyaki sauce & cook for a further 3 mins
3. Add in your noodles and the rest of the Teriyaki sauce, toss until all the noodles are coated in sauce.
4. Stir-fry for a further 5-6 mis, adding a dash of water if you need.
*Serving suggestions: Sprinkle some Shiitake mushroom crisps over the top before serving for extra umami & crunch factor!