Creamy Pasta with Broccoli & Mushrooms
by vancouverwithlove 😋
* 2 heaped cups uncooked brown rice pasta (you are welcome to use regular instead if you’d prefer)
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 6 cremini or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
* 1 cup full fat coconut milk
* 1 heaped cup small broccoli florets
* ¾ cup frozen peas
* 4 medium kale leaves, de-stemmed and thinly sliced
* ½ cup white or Romano beans
* ¼ cup chopped parsley
* Salt & Pepper
* Cook the pasta as per package instructions (about 10-15 mins). When cooked, drain and set aside.
* While the pasta is cooking, in a large pan heat the olive oil on a medium heat and gently sauté the garlic for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
* Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to sauté for 4 minutes, stirring regularly.
* Add the coconut milk, broccoli, frozen peas and beans (if using) to the pan.
* Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat slightly and allow it to bubble gently for 5 minutes.
* Stir in the kale and parsley (if using), and leave to cook for a further 2 minutes.
* Finally, stir in the cooked pasta and season generously with salt and pepper.
* Remove from the heat and serve immediately in large bowls.
Follow us vegans_power for Daily vegan recipes!