Follow us vegans_power for Daily vegan recipes!
Start your morning off with this dreamy Cinnamon French Toast
😋 These are made with cinnamon, vanilla, and one special ingredient, tofu! Not only does the tofu make the batter super thick but adds plant protein to your morning breakfast or brunch. ❤️
●8 slices of firm bread, substitute with gluten free bread.
● 1 cup dairy- free milk, I used almond
● 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
● ½ cup of firm or extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry.
● 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
● 2 tsp maple or agave syrup
● 1 Tbsp vanilla
● ⅛ tsp salt
● 2 Tbsp dairy-free butter, for the frying pan or spray oil.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit (176 C). Place your bread slices on a baking pan and place in the oven for 5 minutes then flip bread slices and bake for an additional 5 minutes
2. Meanwhile, in a high powered blender or food processor combine milk, flax seed, tofu, cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup, salt. Pulse the mixture until it becomes smooth and creamy
3. Pour the mixture in a large shallow bowl and place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to thicken
4. Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat. Grease the pan with one teaspoon of butter or spray oil
5. Take your french toast mixture out of the refrigerator. Dip the slices of bread in the batter covering both sides. Gently shake the excess batter of your bread slices.
6. Fry each side for about 3 minutes or until crispy and brown. Repeat steps until you have cooked all your French Toast slices.
7. Top your French Toast with fried apples, cinnamon, and drizzled maple syrup.