RED LENTIL AND EGGPLANT BOLOGNESE by betterfoodguru with fusilli, broccoli, spinach and mushrooms. ❤️
Get the recipe 👇🏼
Red lentil and Eggplant Bolognese
Cook: 20 mins (if you use canned lentils and have leftover cooked eggplant), 40 mins (if you need to cook lentils in instant pot first and roast eggplant new)
Yeild: 5 servings
Ingredients: 1 lb fusilli pasta, 2 cups red or any lentil cooked, 1/2 roasted eggplant skinned and chopped, 3 baby bell peppers small dice, 1/2 yellow onion small dice, 3 cloves garlic, 1 tbsp italian seasoning, 1 can crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Cut eggplant in half and a crosshatch pattern, salt lightly and roast on lightly oiled sheet pan for 20 minutes
3. Once cooked peel skin and chop eggplant into small pieces and reserve
4. Meanwhile put on pasta water to boil
5. In a large wok or saucepan, sauté garlic and onions until toasty and browning 5-8 mins then add bell peppers, eggplant and italian seasoning and cook 5 minutes
6. Add crushed tomatoes, 1 cup water, and cooked lentils and bring to a boil
7. Lower heat and simmer until pasta is ready then toss in and top with crushed red pepper
8. Serve with oven roasted broccoli, sautéed garlicky mushrooms and spinach.
Follow us vegans_power for Daily vegan recipes!