RED LENTIL AND EGGPLANT BOLOGNESE WITH FUSILLI, ROASTED BROCCOLI, GARLICKY MUSHROOMS AND SPINACH ALL DOUSED IN CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES
🤘Red lentil and Eggplant Bolognese
Cook: 20 mins (if you use canned lentils and have leftover cooked eggplant), 40 mins (if you need to cook lentils in instant pot first and roast eggplant new)
Yeild: 5 servings
Ingredients: 1 lb fusilli pasta, 2 cups red or any lentil cooked, 1/2 roasted eggplant skinned and chopped, 3 baby bell peppers small dice, 1/2 yellow onion small dice, 3 cloves garlic, 1 tbsp italian seasoning, 1 can crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Cut eggplant in half and give it a crosshatch pattern, salt and roast on lightly oiled sheet pan for 20 minutes
3. Once cooked peel skin and chop eggplant into small pieces, they will be gloriously mushy. reserve
4. Meanwhile put on pasta water to boil
5. In a large wok or saucepan, sauté garlic and onions until toasty and browning 5-8 mins then add bell peppers, eggplant and italian seasoning and cook 5 minutes
6. Add crushed tomatoes, 1 cup water, and cooked lentils and bring to a boil
7. Lower heat and simmer until pasta is ready then toss in and top with crushed red pepper
8. Serve with oven roasted broccoli, sautéed garlicky mushrooms and spinach
This is something I could eat every day. Especially with all the stress happening, I crave a meal like this full of carby goodness.
Follow us vegans_power for Daily vegan recipes!