Roast Vegetables with Red Onion & Dukkah by thrivingonplants 😍
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 45 min
2 small red onions, peeled
1 wedge pumpkin
2 medium red potatoes
1 small bunch Dutch carrots
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Almond Pistachio Dukkah
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup pistachios, shelled
2 tbsp raw white sesame seeds
2 tbsp black sesame seeds
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Cut up all of your veg into even sized chunks and place into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in the olive oil, thyme, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
4. Pour the vegetables onto your baking tray and spread into one even layer. Bake or airfry for 45 minutes or until golden brown and tender (once the potatoes have softened).
5. In the meantime, add the almonds, pistachios and sesame seeds onto a dry frypan. Toast until sesame seeds become golden. Remove from pan and add into a blender along with the remaining ingredients. Pulse and blitz until you reach a broken down yet coarse texture.
6. Once the veggies have cooked, remove from the oven and transfer into a bowl. Sprinkle with a generous amount of the dukkah on top to serve. Serve with your favourite plant-based protein and side salad for a satisfying and delicious meal. Enjoy immediately while warm!
Onions are a must have in all of my veggie roasts! I decided to use red onions for an extra pop of colour in this recipe plus I just love the sweetness and aromatics that it adds to the dish. Definitely give this one a go, it’s such a great staple dish to have at the dinner table! 👏
Follow us vegans_power for Daily vegan recipes!