The crispiest, yet fluffiest, and most flavorful potatoes ever by plantbasedjunkfood
Follow the recipe below to take your roasted potato game to a completely different level!
Follow vegans_power for daily vegan recipes! 🌱 ♥️
1. Peel then cut your Russet potatoes into uniform, 2 inch pieces.
2. Add a half gallon of water, 2 tbsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of baking soda to pot and bring to a boil.
3. Boil your potatoes for 8-10 minutes. A paring knife or fork should face little resistance when piercing the potatoes but do not overcook!! The potatoes should still stay intact when poked with knife.
4. Drain potatoes and let them dry/cool for at least 30 minutes.
5. Rough up the potatoes a little bit to create an outer crusty layer on them.
6. Coat in oil (preferably a garlic/herb infused olive oil) and roast them in a preheated 450 degree oven for 40-50 minutes. Flip the potatoes halfway through the cooking time.
7. Enjoy your your ultra crispy, yet fluffy potatoes!