Vegan ‘Beef’ & Broccoli Stir-fry 😍
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 10 min
50g textured vegetable protein (TVP) slices
2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
1/2 tbsp finely grated ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
1. Add the TVP slices into a bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Set aside to reconstitute.
2. Combine the cornstarch, water, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, brown sugar, Chinese five spice and black pepper into a small bowl. Whisk well.
3. Heat half the oil in a large frypan or wok over medium heat. Add in the broccoli and sauté for 2 minutes until broccoli is lightly charred. Add in 2 tbsp of water and cook until water has evaporated and broccoli is slightly tender, but not completely cooked through yet. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat and add in the ginger and garlic and fry for 30 seconds until fragrant. Drain the TVP and squeeze out any excess liquid then add it to the pan. Turn heat up to high and fry off for 2 minutes until dried out and lightly charred.
5. Pour in the sauce and add the broccoli back in. Toss well and cook for 1 minute until sauce has thickened.
6. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately with rice! Enjoy 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Follow us vegans_power for Daily vegan recipes!